More and more people today are choosing the flexibility and control of working from home over a traditional 9-5 office job. With new technologies and a growing cultural emphasis on work-life balance, it’s now possible to work from anywhere with just your laptop and an internet connection.
Working from home allows you to create your own schedule and work on your own terms. And by starting your own online business, you can work with clients and customers from around the world.
Why else do people choose to work from home?
Here are a few popular reasons:
- No Commute. You no longer have to deal with the hassle of commuting, while you also save the time you would ordinarily spend driving or riding the train.
- Flexible Schedule. Working from home allows you to set your own schedule and work at the times that are best for your lifestyle.
- You Can Work Anywhere. With an online business, you don’t even have to work from home. You can be location-independent, working any place you have an internet connection. It’s a great option for people who travel often or have no fixed address.
- Control Over Your Working Life. Although it’s not an easy change to make, most people find that their work is more fulfilling when they’re in charge. When you control your own time, you’ll feel happier, healthier, and more creative.
- Low Overhead Costs. There are some overhead costs to an online business you run from home, but you don’t need to pay the usual fixed expenses of a traditional business, such as renting an office space.
While it is possible to relocate many existing jobs to a home office, this course will focus on the steps you need to take to set up your own online business, either at home or in whatever location you please.
Ready to get started?
Here is the roadmap you will follow through the course:
By the time you finish the course, you’ll have your own Work-From-Home Business Plan and be ready to take the leap.
By the time you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify your goals for your work-from-home business, so you can determine if working from home is right for you.
- Decide on your business model and how you will earn money, both in the short and long-term, so you know what you can do right now and what you can work towards in the future.
- Choose your payment processor and build your budget, so you have a system in place to access your funds and determine how much you need to cover your costs.
- Identify the basic tech that you need and any specific tech for your business niche, so that you are prepared to work from home in a professional environment.
- Establish your work-from-home daily routine, so that you can maximize productivity and avoid common organizational pitfalls.
- Explore digital marketing strategies, so that you can find the most effective ones for your niche and start growing your business’s presence online.
- Map your steps to becoming location independent, so that you can take your work on the road and run your business from anywhere in the world.
- Consolidate and implement your learning and plan your next steps, so you can achieve the goals you set for this course.
This course is broken down into 8 modules to take you step-by-step through the process of starting a work-from-home business that can also be online and location-independent.
The modules follow a logical order, so while you can skip around if you want, it’s best to work through them one at a time.
As you go through each module, use your Action Guide to help you complete the Action Steps at the end of each.
- Describe what your life will be like with a work-from-home business.